Minecraft Project - Aredale Phase 1 - The Wall

Throughout the last week I did not have any internet, therefore I was unable to play LoL, Diablo or any other of my main games. In order to compensate for this and to have something to do in my spare time I started a new project in minecraft as well as playing Diablo 2 single player once again, which I will talk more about in the days to come.

This map takes place on a custom terrain I have created specifically for this map. Aredale is going to be a large medieval city with many different features. I will be working on this map whenever I do not have internet or don't feel like playing anymore d2. This project is going to require a lot of time and work, which I am aware of and will probably take a long time to finish since I do not work on it very often.

The first step to creating Aredale was of course creating the custom terrain with a program known as world painter, which I then began creating a large medieval wall around the city, bear in mind all these blocks are placed by hand, no mods involved. There are large towers at the main gate as seen in the bottom picture. Also, you will be able to walk all the way around the city either on the top of the walls or inside of them with towers surrounding the city to access the wall from different areas.



These screenshots are for the purpose of showing the design of the walls rather than the size. It was impossible to capture even a third of the wall in one screenshot, even with maximum render distance.

As you can imagine, due to all the different layers of the wall it will defiantly take some time.

As of this post the wall is nearly complete and I have started planning 'phase 2' of this build, the ports.

Please stay tuned as I post more information and screenshots of this project, once I get more complete I will put the map available for download for whoever is interested.

Happy Gaming!


Comments

Popular Posts